Friday, May 7, 2010

Sweet and Sour Pork for Dinner

Yesterday I wanted to eat something special and I wonder how special could dinning alone be. Anyway, I still go on with my craving hahahaha....I cooked Sweet and Sour Pork.

I used the following:

1/2K pork

1 pc egg

1/4 cup all purpose flour

1 pc each small red and green bell peppers, cut into strips
234g(1 can) DEL monte pineapple chunks drained (reserved syrup)


SAUCE:
1/4 cup DEL monte original blend ketchup
2 tbsp. DEL monte red cane vinegar
5 tbsp. sugar
1/4 tsp. iodized fine salt (or 3/4 tsp iodized rock salt)
2 tbsp. cornstarch dissolved in 1 cup water
pineapple syrupPINOY SWEET AND SOUR


Boil the pork with 1 cup water until it is tender. Dip the pork in a batter mixture off egg, flour and iodized salt. Deep-fry each piece until golden brown. Set aside. Combine sauce ingredients. Simmer until thick. Add bell peppers and DEL monte pineapple chunks. Simmer once. Add fried pork. And That's it! A tasty sumptuous dinner!


Bon Appetit!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Wordpress Theme by wpthemescreator .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul .